Investment incentives under the following Acts include exemption from the payment of customs duties on building materials, equipment and approved raw materials; and exemption from real property taxes for periods up to twenty years:
- The Hotels Encouragement Act
- The Industries Encouragement Act
- The Agricultural Manufactories Act
- The Spirits and Beer Manufacturer Act
- The Export manufacturing Industries Encouragement Act
- The Free Trade Zone Act. Note: Custom duty exemptions do not apply to personal consumables.
Investors may acquire publicly owned lands for approved developments on concessionary terms
Investors may acquire low cost space for lease for industrial enterprises Government will provide special training and retraining for Bahamian workers to ensure the continuing availability of a highly skilled labour force.
Preferential Trade Incentives
Business located in The Bahamas may benefit from the following preferential trade arrangements:
- The Lome Convention
- General system of Preference (GSP)
- Caribbean Basin Initiative.