International Finance Center
The Government is committed to enhancing the image of The Bahamas as an international financial centre.
To this end the Government will:
- Maintain The Bahamas as a leading financial services centre;
- Monitor all developments in the international financial markets and amend any rules, regulations or legislation that would preserve and enhance the competitiveness of the financial services sector of the Bahamian economy;
- Ensure the operation of a clean financial centre with specific rules and regulations to prevent the laundering of criminally derived assets;
- Support The Central Bank of The Bahamas in its commitment to bank supervision and promoting high standards of conduct and sound banking practices;
- Support the self regulatory measures of the Association of International Banks and Trust Companies (AIBT), particularly, the established code of conduct for banks and trust companies; continue enforcement of our bank secrecy laws. Bahamas Financial Services Board (BFSB), launched in April 1998, represents an innovative commitment by the financial services industry and the Government of The Bahamas to promote a greater awareness of The Bahamas' strengths as an international financial centre.
BFSB represents and promotes the development of all sectors of the industry, including: banking, private banking and trust services, mutual funds, capital markets, investment advisory services, accounting and legal services, insurance, real estate and corporate and shipping registry.
For more complete details regarding the financial services industry in The Bahamas visit The Bahamas Financial Services Board Web Site at: www.bfsb-bahamas.com.